We have had many people that are co-signers contact us regarding private student loans. A co-signer is also on the hook for the student loan along with the primary borrower. There have been situations where private student loan servicers place borrowers into default when their co-signer dies or files for bankruptcy making the entire balance due all at once. Co-signers face default when similar situations occur with the borrower.
Situations we assist with include:
- Obtaining a release for a co-signer on a private student loan
- Defending private student loan lawsuits
- Fighting back against debt collectors harassment
- Determining the dischargablity of student loans in bankruptcy
- Negotiating student loan payoffs